Pages

Sunday 14 April 2013

A little bit of pampering goes a long way

 While I was at home for Easter, my cousin, Jenn, coerced me into having a bit of pampering at the salon she works at, in exchange for a blog review. So here it is. The salon, TMS, in Teddington, looks really fresh and inviting. Everything is immaculately clean and inviting. The decor is one of those urban/industrial meets floral type things, which I really like, you get a real contrast between the flouncy wallpaper, and the exposed steelwork in the ceiling.

Once I'm sat down, Jenn gives me a complementary drinks menu, and then we discuss what I want done to my hair. I've already dyed it quite recently (thanks to a friend's husband's expertise in home-hair-dye-jobs), so I just need it cut. Now, I'm one of those people who never does anything with her hair. I wash it every couple of days, brush it every so often, and that's about it. So I want something simple and easy to keep, that's easy to make look nice if the fancy takes me. Oh, by the way, that's me on the left, before Jenn attacked my hair.


To the weird head-sink things we go! I'm never all that fond of these, because they hurt your neck, even though it's supposed to be such a pleasant thing having your hair done. I've gotta say, this changes my mind. If I ever manage to amass enough money, I think I will employ someone to wash my hair for me like this every day. She massages my scalp, and the back of my neck where it's been resting in the cut-out bit of the sink. Seriously, best head massage ever. Ever. 

Aaand this is me once she's finished with me. Ok, so I'm not exactly brilliant at taking selfies, and the zoom on my phone isn't all that great either, but you get the picture. Straggly rats tails transformed into something a bit sleeker and more manageable. Jenn gave me some choppy layers, taking a lot of weight out of the back, and I'm really pleased with it :) it even looks great with my usual, roll out of bed and drag a brush through it look. My hair's naturally a little bit wavy, which I think really suits this style too, and I can get the straighteners or the hairdryer out if I want to go for something a bit more stylish. 


When I've finished with the obligatory unpacking and tidying up that goes with getting back from a break, I'll scan in the leaflet with all the details about the salon too. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment