Pages

Thursday 27 September 2012

Another day, another dollar

So work is really busy at the moment, getting everything ready for freshers' week. Despite all the planning and working and more planning and pulling hair out, I've been going out a lot more with peeps from work, which is great. I seem to have morphed from the awkward one trying to fit in, into social butterfly, almost over night. Which is amazing, I've never really got it before, but things seem to actually be falling into place around about now.


The weight is still dropping off, I'm tipping the scales at around about 14 1/2st now. I'm still doing well with the diet, apart from a pack of frazzles at the pub the other night (which I didn't even think about until I was half way through, and well once you've started something...), and breakfast this morning. Getting breakfast on campus pretty much equates to 'bad food'. You can't seem to get anything that isn't in a bun, and nowhere does any gluten free buns. Or sausages, for that matter... Not quite sure how to solve this. Maybe not getting drunk on a school night, and then skipping breakfast because I woke up late, would be a good start...



Anyway, I think the only thing I'm really having a problem with is the lack of convenience food. Have you ever tried to find gluten, dairy and legume -free ready meals? The few that exist are extortionately expensive. Or, you'll pick one up that you think is ok, then you check the ingredients... So basically everything has to be made from scratch, which is increasingly difficult when you're also busy saving the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment