Pages

Friday 18 January 2013

FML doesn't even cover it

So my laptop's died, which is fun. Although, I think praise is due to the Disabilities Service at uni, for getting me a netbook to borrow for a week so I can get my laptop fixed, and doing so in less than half an hour from me telling them that I had an issue. A lot of people moan about the provisions for disabilities and so on, and there are several issues there, but all of my experience with them - whilst sometimes slow in coming - has been very positive, and has shown that the staff genuinely give a fuck about what they're doing. So well done there :)


I'm not entirely convinced by netbooks, mind. Being used to a mahoosive 17.5" screen and a full size keyboard and number pad, the tiny little thing I've been given as a stand-in is just downright odd to use... I have been considering getting a netbook, so I don't have to lug the monster machine around with me all the time, but I'm not sure if I could cope with the tiny.



In terms of other things, Christmas and stressful essay stuff at the start of term has meant I've gone back up a dress size and about a stone. Staying with Grandma over Christmas didn't help; I'd just got to a point where I felt ok in my own skin, then having, 'that won't do your waistline any good' on a regular basis totally smashed that. So I hid all my christmas chocolate in the car, and then stuffed myself when I got back home :/ Then of course essay stress, and my laptop decided to commit suicide, and that inevitably equals ice cream. This is probably something I should address, eating when stressed doesn't make for a very good long term plan.



In any case, the current plan is to get back on track with Aqua next week, and to work out how to change my diet to make it healthier and more sustainable. I should also go and see the doctor again about this IBS thing... Oh well, life goes on, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment